18 Aug Armenia School Foundation (ASF USA) Refurnishes Seven More Schools in Armenia in 2014
Glendale, California – Armenia School Foundation (ASF USA), a non-profit organization dedicated to refurnishing remote and small schools in Armenia and Artsakh, is proud to announce the completion of seven additional school projects in 2014.
A total of 257 new student desk/chairs sets, 32 teacher desk/chair sets, 27 blackboards, 57 book shelves, 37 coat hangers and 2 preschool large tables including 16 chairs were delivered to the following eight schools:
- Marmarashen school in Ararat region (Funded by general donations to ASF)
- Koti border village school in Tavoosh region (Funded by general donations to ASF)
- Chinari border village high school in Tavoosh region (Funds donated in lieu of flowers in memory of Mr. Vardan Sookasian).
- Chinari border village kindergarten in Tavoosh region (Funded by general donations to ASF)
- Aygetzor border village kindergartens in Tavoosh region (Funds donated by Valod Avanesian and family in memory of Mrs. Arshalous Nazarian)
- Karashamb village high school in Kotayk region (Funds donated by Mr. Harout Bronozian – Custom Probiotics, Inc.)
- Karmirgyugh village school #1 in Gegharkunik region (partially furnished by general donations to ASF).
In May of 2014, ASF held a very successful Salsa Night event attended by 220 guests. Proceeds from this event, our annual raffle sales, combined with a number of generous “In lieu of”, “In memory of” and other donations enabled ASF USA to raise the funds needed to furnish these seven schools.
In October of 2014 ASF USA, Ararat 70th Celebrations Arts Committee and Melik Voskanian Foundation joined hands to organize an art and sculpture exhibit and book dedication event in recognition of architect, artist and sculptor Rostom Voskanian. Proceeds from the sale of this exhibit provided funds to furnish Karmirgyugh School #1 in entirety and set up a permanent exhibit hall of Rostom Voskanian’s lifelong heritage in Yerevan.
In January of 2015 ASF USA received a generous donation from Tamberchi Foundation. Through these funds ASF USA is in the process of completing several large projects during 2015.
“We would like to express our gratitude to our supporters and donors for their continued support, encouragement and their belief in improving the educational environment of our future generations. We have been planning to expand our services. With funds generated through these significant donations we will have the opportunity to offer more diversified offerings in 2015 and beyond” stated Moneh Der Grigorian, Chairman of the ASF USA Board.
Armenia School Foundation (ASF USA) is a nonprofit and non-sectarian, 501c3 organization, founded in May 2003. To date, ASF has provided over 9750 new student and teacher desk/chair sets to 220 schools: serving 19,500 students, in remote regions of Armenia and Karabagh.
For more information about Armenia School Foundation (ASF USA) please visit www.armeniaschoolfoundation.org or follow us on Facebook. Send your “tax deductible” donations to Armenia School Foundation, 3628 San Fernando Road, Suite #1, Glendale, CA 91204.